You’ll need passion and drive to continue The Journal’s success as it, and sister title The Chew Valley Gazette, sit at the very heart of their respective communities alongside serving wider website and social media audiences.
Motivated, enthusiastic and a real “people person”, with a nose for news, much of your time will be out and about, meeting people and discovering the issues that affect our readers.
You will be based at the Paulton office with some occasional home-based working as business needs dictate. Some evening and weekend work will be required to help cover local Council meetings and events.
You will embrace print, website and social media, and must be as comfortable writing for print as you are breaking news for the web.
You will need to be flexible, have a current driving licence, and come equipped with a can-do attitude, genuine curiosity and an interest and knowledge of the local areas.
The role summary:
• To generate fit for market news, features and sport stories to deadline
• Take and plan photographs and upload video content
• Help build web and social media presence
• Build contacts and relations with key people and organisations
• Act as a brand ambassador in the community
• Assist proof reading to meet print and upload deadlines
• Write commercial-led content as required
In return, you will get to work in a business that really values local news and invests in its journalists and journalism, plus competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday (full-time equivalent) and NEST Pension.
If you want a career in a successful, family-owned local news media business then don’t delay, apply today as this is a rare opportunity – send your CV to: [email protected] Applications close on Friday, 20th May.
You can find out more about the Company and our titles at: tindlenews.co.uk